As the government shutdown continues, we know some of our members and potential members are struggling to make it between paychecks. At Seattle Credit Union, we don’t want unexpected events to wreak havoc on your short-term finances. That’s why our approach to banking – from our products to our customer service – is designed to help you weather life’s storms.
If you’ve been affected by the government shutdown and need a boost, consider these options:
- Our Lifeline Loan offers a 0% interest rate for the first 90 days, and then the low rate of 5.99% fixed APR1 after that. This loan can help qualified members and non-members meet their financial obligations until they receive their next paycheck. And, we don’t charge origination fees or prepayment penalties. Call one of our lending reps at 855.575.9352 to learn more.
- A Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) can be a powerful ally when the unexpected arises and you need funds at competitive rates and flexible terms. A HELOC is a revolving line of credit that allows you to borrow against the equity you’ve built up in your home. It works a bit like a credit card. You borrow what you need, up to your available credit line. As you repay what you’ve borrowed, that amount is available to you again when you need it. Call us at 855.575.9352 to learn more.
- A Personal Loan (also called a Signature Loan) with Seattle Credit Union allows you to borrow, even when you don’t have collateral, without paying the high interest rates you might find at other lenders. Signature Loans usually have repayment terms of at least one year and are paid in equal monthly installments. We don’t charge any origination or early payment fees. Click here to learn more, or speak with one of our lending reps at 855.575.9352.
- Already have a loan with us and need some help? Consider our Anytime Skip-A-Pay Program. You can skip up to two payments every 12 months2 and use that cash as a safety net.
- Utilize low-rate credit cards. Right now, qualified Seattle Credit Union members can enjoy some of the lowest rates around. We don’t charge annual fees or balance-transfer fees. Plus, we offer a competitive rewards program and easy account management with free online banking. Click here or Call us at 855.575.9352 to learn more.
1 APR is accurate as of 1/2/2019 and is subject to change without notice. All loans are subject to approval. The maximum loan amount will be the applicant’s net monthly pay or $2,500, whichever is less. Should the government shutdown continue for longer than two weeks, members may apply for another Lifeline Loan. The maximum loan term is 12 months. To qualify for a Lifeline Loan members must:
- Provide a history of payroll, either via Direct Deposit from the Federal government into a Seattle Credit Union deposit account or a recent Federal pay stub, no older than 30 days.
- Have no Seattle Credit Union loans currently past due. The maximum loan amount will be the applicant’s net monthly pay or $2,500, whichever is less.
- Should the shutdown continue for longer than two weeks, members may apply for another Lifeline Loan.
- The maximum loan term is 12 months.
2 Skip-a-Pay requires the payment of a $29/loan processing fee and cannot be used for consecutive payments. See seattlecu.com/skip-a-pay for full details.